7.11.2006

Daniel Blue Bluefish

So, I have been feeling very down. Just real overwhelmed and even a tad sad at times. Well, today I decided to focus on something good and fun. So I decided that today the good thing in the world is McDonald's Happy Meals. I normally stay away from McDonalds, but when feeling blue, those french fries are a comfort food. And I got the Happy Meal beacuse they have pirate stuff in them. And I like pirates.

I got a little skull that's a magic 8-ball kind of thing. It's cool but I can never tell what the fortune says...

Anyway, my mood picked up as I ate because I was reading the Happy Meal box. It has a little key on it to figure out your pirate name:

Middle Name:
Favorite Color:
Type of fish:

When I figured out my name using the first things to pop into my head, I got Daniel Blue Bluefish. Well, that is just too repetitive and sounds silly. And then I decided on Daniel Blue Baracuda. But when you say it aloud it sounds like you are calling a football play. And Daniel Blue Rainbow Trout is just dorky.

So I have decided on Captain Daniel Blue Hammerhead. That sounds tough. Arrgh.

I also giggled because the box tries to use priates to teach kids good habits. For instance, one panel says, "Q. How did pirates stay active? A. Pirates climbed ropes, went swimming and swabbed the decks to stay active." Hmm, funny that they left out, "pillaged, stabbed people and kicked helpless women and children." Also, I don't think they swabbed the decks to stay active.

Scurvy Pete: "Hey, Bluebeard. You bored?"

Bluebeard: "Ya, I need to get some exercise. I am all mopey. Maybe I will clean. Wanna join me?"

It was more that they did what told or they got a blade in the gullet! That kept them active!

And then the Happy Meal tries to trick children by saying, "Ask your mom if you can swab the kitchen floor!" Don't kids! It's a trap! That's not fun, that's work!

5 comments:

HopefulLeigh said...

McDonalds has always been into kid trickery. The majority of people I know are afraid of clowns. I think Ronald McDonald was a massive campaign to trick people into liking a clown. Perhaps it worked. I personally am not afraid of clowns but something has always seemed a bit off about Ronald. At least they have good french fries. A close second to Portillos.

Anonymous said...

Well I guess mom ruined our good pirate names by giving us our middle names. I mean geez I'm LaDonna Pink Squid... That is not scary at ALL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lil' Sis, I think the LaDonna Pink Squid sounds very much like a pirate who is the fun comic pirate...arg! It is better than Carol Red Clownfish...I sound like I belong in a circus! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lady Friend, I like your name I mean we accept all kinds of pirates on our ship.. even the ones that went to clown school (; Did you know that mom would have a good pirate name it would be Lou Blue Hammerhead Shark!?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lou Blue Hammerhead shark...is a great pirate name! Good point, Lil' Sis!

I'd actually like to be Carol Red Manatee, and be the fun pet of pirates. But alas, rules are rules, and the rules of this game are fish as the last part of the name...Hey, there's a great Children's book in this about a pirate family and its pet manatee! :) Any takers to write it?