12.28.2006

Christmas Top 6

I'm back from all the Egg Nog, chocolate and gifts of my Christmas holiday. I had a truly blessed long weekend with My Intended and our families. We got to spend time with her maid of honor, the future in-laws, my whole family and more. Here's some assorted highlights:

-The Coolest Gift Received: This is a toss up, because my loved ones were very generous. I got the first seasons of TV shows The Muppet Show and Mission:Impossible . I got M:I 3! I got a golf bag. I got what may be the coolest hoodie I've ever owned (and I am a connoisseur in fine hoodies). But when all the chips are down, I think the coolest gift was a T-shirt that my sister actually made just for me with iron-on letters. It says, "Mayor of Awesomeville." It's just amazing.

-Coolest Gift Given: I gave my brother a retro jersey of his favorite Sox: Carlton Fisk. Having him open it was actually better than getting anything.

-Most Sentimental Moment: Both families gave My Intended and I some neat Wedding-oriented stuff. My mom got us our toasting flutes and something special that will serve as a cookie-cake topper. But I knew those were coming, what floored me was a gift from the Mother-in-Law. She gave me a crystal mug that she'd bought for her now departed husband as a wedding gift. She handed it down as I am now "the man of the family." Wow. It's really a very special thing to me.

-Best Lesson: In a game of Scrabble with My Intended, I learned the painful lesson that "Beap" is not a word.

-Funniest moment: So my brother was leaving my parents' house. He said, "Hey thanks for the Fisk jersey." By instinct, I replied, "And thank YOU for the...." That's when I realized I had no idea what he and his wife had given me. I think I ended the sentence with mumbling and something like, "For being here..." After about 15 minutes of going through my gifts and interveiwing all of those present about what gift was form my brother, we all realized that it was still hidden from me in my parents' room. With Chad guiding me on the phone as if I was Jack Bauer being instructed by CTU to find a bomb, I walked back to find my new golf bag. Score.

-Most Surprising Gift: At my Parents' House, I got a small wrapped box that wasn't labeled. Inside was a note: "Dear Todd, I am sorry that I made you worry! I actually was NOT kidnapped. I went on to better my career. Not that I dond't like being with you, I actually miss you a lot. However, with my dream has always been to model. And I hope you can see from the included picture that I have a lot of talent! Miss you, Red Fez Monkey"

Whoa. That was a shock. After all this time spent searching for him and even sending his brother, Purple Fez Monkey, on an epic quest to find him, it turns out Red Fez is just starting a modeling career! Here's the framed pciture that was in the package from Red Fez. As you can see, he's stumbled into the high-pressure world of Cross-Stitch Modeling. Don't laugh. That's a hard job to stand still while someone knits your likeness. I'm proud of you, Red Fez. Wherever you are...

3 comments:

the todd said...

Oh man. And I feel guilty for putting baby dolls on the ceiling fan! Haha. That was a good one, though.

Anonymous said...

hey i try to be a good worker ;)

HopefulLeigh said...

Happy to hear that Red Fez Monkey is alive and pursuing his dreams. I'm surprised that wasn't your favorite gift!