12.21.2006

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

It is finished.

Early this morning, when it was still dark and rain fell into puddles, I hauled my ficas tree down the stairs, across the parking lot and then, unremorsefully, I tossed him into the dumpster. I then went behind the dumpster in the mud and dumped dirt out of the pot.

As I stepped through the mud in my shiny dress shoes, I realized how mob-like the scene was: It's dark, rainy, muddy. I was dressed up. And I was throwing a deceased foe in a dumpster.

The ficas sleeps with the fishes. Or the old garbage.

Something To Do To Avoid Work This Week:
Rollingstone.com has posted four days (so far) worth of this year's best re-cut movie trailers floating around the Internet. Thanks to the Gat for alerting me to this collection. I fell in love with this concept earlier in the year when I heard some film class' final project was to take a film and re-cut a trailer making it look like a totally different genre.

The first one I saw was The Shining re-spun as a touching feel-good film about a foster dad (posted here on Day 1) . That's up here, as is my new fave: "10 Things I Hate About Commandments (Day 3)." Man, I could watch this 10 Commandments parody over and over. "Now, the battle is on to see who can win the girl and rule the school!" It's the best one of these screwed-up trailers I've seen so far. Which are your favorites?

No comments: