12.28.2006

Come Sail Away

Exciting weekend ahead.

Two nights ago, my phone rang. It was Rose, a girl in my youth group. She graciously offered My Intended and I two free tickets to see a concert with her and some other church friends. And so tonight, I am attending my first ever STYX concert. I'm awfully proud to say that. I think maybe I did my 30 Greatest Concert Moments list too soon.

Saturday and Sunday will be filled with much anxiety and ranting. I've been asked to preach at all three services at church. I am not sure they know what they've gotten themselves into. I was thinking about doing an interpretive dance as my sermon. But I guess I will fall back on Plan B: Fire and Brimstone.

New Year's Eve will be relaxing and informal with the Intended and some friends. And hopefully several movies. New Year's Day will also be laid back. The only plans I have are to help Doug V. pack up his last remaining possessions in Illinois to complete the move to Ohio. I considered stowing away in the truck. But that'd be a long drive without a potty.

For the most part, it should be a pretty relaxing weekend. I hope to get some down time. I've been cutting way back on committments and freelance lately. Partly because of upcoming things like wedding stuff and needing to sell my condo soon and other changes like that.

But I'm also just kinda done with the busyness. I'm sick of having commitments every night and every hour of the weekend. I'm tired of nagging assignments hanging over my head. And also, I just have this drive again to do some creative writing for the first time in a long time. I have these stories in my head that I want to get out. I've felt that way for a long time, but now it's at a fever pitch. I mean, I have no grand allusions. It's not like "The world must hear these stories before I am gone!" but, I just need that outlet. Come to think of it, I haven't done freetime, just-for-myself, fiction writing in about 4 years. I have a finished but only half-revised screenplay sitting around. I might reawaken that.

I just need to write. And dream. And imagine.

Quotes of the Week
"I think that's up near Schaumburg, right?" -My Uncle Bill after seeing my new "Mayor of Awesomeville" shirt.

"I'm fine. My nose is just overflowing with awesome and I had to get some of it out."-Barney on How I Met Your Mother trying to prove he didn't have a cold.

No comments: