7.31.2007

Smokin' Fiddle Thoughts

I've been listening a lot lately to Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," and you know, I am not so sure Johnny won that duel. I mean he plays pretty good fiddle, but my favorite part of that song is when the Devil and his band of demons plays. It's just so good.

I have to give the devil his due here. I think he was cheated out of this Battle of the Bands. I don't know who was actually judging them, but I doubt their credentials.

Maybe I need to pray about this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i think you should hang out with your wife more! hehe, but I do agree it's a close competition!

Kim said...

It's true that the devil is a little more "rockin'" if you will, but Johnny's fiddle playing skills are clearly superior. And the only reason the devil is so good is because his demon band is backing him up. Johnny has no one to back him up except God, which is why he wins.

the todd said...

Couldn't God have given Johnny a choir of Angels at least? But seriously, I don't know that they'd be better than that band of demons. They are so good.