3.22.2006

Trying to Watch 24

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to rent a DVD of 24. I am being paid to write a Bible study on the character of Jack Bauer (sweet gig, right?). I needed epsiodes 13-16 of Season 2 so I went to Blockbuster and to the TV section. I see Seasons 3 and 4 of the show, but no Season 2.

I say to the man at the counter, "I see you have seasons 3 and 4 of 24. Do you have season 2?". He doesn't answer my question, he just walks away. (This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Say something. Say, "Sure, follow me." Instead, he silently walks off. One of these days I will have the gall to just stand there and make the guy come back and get me.) I follow him to--not the TV section, but the Anime section. And there is Season 2 of 24. Perfect sense.

Well, the fun continues. They don't have the disc I need. So I thank the man but add that they don't have the episodes I need--and I turn to go. Blockbuster Guy (BG) says, "Well, you know, Season 5 of the show is on TV right now." I am not sure what this has to do with anything. I answer: "Well, thanks. But I am only in Season 2--and wanted to watch something right now."

BG goes silent. I am about to leave the store when he says, "Hey. We have Season 4 of 24. You could watch that." What can you say to that? I just laughed and left.

No comments: