3.30.2006

This Blog Brought to You by The Letters U,P, and S

Last week I kept getting those "Sorry we missed you" slips from FedEx. (It turns out, by the way, that those notices mean that they came when I wasn't home--not that they actually missed me in a loving way. Or with a rifle.) Well after three missed attempts to deliver, they swore not to deliver it anymore and I had to go pick it up--over 30 minutes away. The irony? The place the package was coming from wasn't that far away. I could have just gone to pick it up.

More irony? When I got home from my journey to retrieve said package, there was a "Sorry we missed you" slip from UPS. (I miss them too!) Yes, another package trying to be delivered during the workday. The nice thing is that UPS has a very easy online function to change the address of delivery. So it will just come to the office today. Yes, that is what Brown can do for me. (Dear UPS: This endorsement may lead you to want to sponsor my blog. I am interested in that. I think "Putting the Odd in Todd Via UPS" has a nice ring to it...)


Friday Special Feature: Quotes of the Week!

"Among other things, the legislation would make it a crime to be in this country illegally." --CNN, in very perceptive and clear story about U.S. immigration laws.

"I wouldn't normally say this to anyone--but I know I am among friends: I just have to say I've become dissillusioned by monkeys." --The Ladyfriend's grandma.

"You gotta love that America's best band is back in the studio." --Sports radio host Jim Rome about... The Romantics. Yah, The Romantics ... Whaa? Look, there's like 500 American bands ahead of them in line.

"I prefer singing over killing." --my friend Camerin when discussing the merits of theatrical pirates over real pirates.

"Celebrate life with ketchup!" -- A homemade wallhanging for sale at a charity auction.

2 comments:

Mark Ahn said...

two items:

1) Gotta tell Jill about the "what can brown do for you" reference. Cuz it's an inside joke. And we want you inside of it.

2) America's best band of all time: Velvet Underground. Currently? Ummm. I'll take Sufjan Stevens and the Illinoisemakers, but it's a thin crop. Even Canada kicks our asses when it comes to indie rock.

the todd said...

I believe in censorship and will practice at will. :)