4.21.2007

GMA Mid-Action

You may have seen a message up here saying that I was in Nashville for Gospel Music Week and that I would be back Thursday. Well, I am in Nashville but found a couple of minutes to give updates of GMA 2007.

Today I will be interviewing TobyMac, Chris Tomlin, Mandisa from American Idol and a few others. Tomorrow is another big day with interviews with about 10 artists including Flatfoot 56 (whoo!), Jars of Clay, and Michael W. Smith. And then, I go to a big fondue party where I will dip fruit into yummy chocolate with BarlowGirl, Plumb and others. Good times.

When I left for the week, I really didn't realize how cool of a week's lineup I have. I am getting to interview a lot of great folks. It's a lot of fun. I have the best job ever.

Last night, I interviewed some new artists and went to the annual GMA worship service. This year, Michael W. Smith hosted the service (with music by Hillsong). The highlight for me (besides some intense worship and prayer) was when Smitty brought actor Jim Caviezel out to give his testimony. It was weird to see Jesus in jeans.

I got the opportunity to go out to a steakhouse with KJ-52 for dinner. One of the best parts was when the waiter came by with the pepper shaker. "Pepper, sir?" he asked KJ.

KJ said yes.

And then, the waiter promptly walked away.

As soon as the yes came out of KJ's mouth, the man just wandered off. He couldn't have played it off funnier if he tried. I thought for a minute that KJ was being PUNK'd. He was like, "Ummmm..."

Another cool thing from yesterday: I wore my new Mr. Rogers shirt that my sister gave me for my birthday. Sis, everyone talked about it. I probably got 10 compliments. One woman said that she was just singing the "Won't You Be My Neighbor" song when I turned the corner. It freaked her out.

Okay, See ya Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Family Force 5 for me!! And if you see Matt Thiessen tell him it's no use avoiding me I will track him down eventually. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo i am glad that everything is good in the hood!!! even down at the Dove awards ;)