4.18.2007

Blum Is Kinda Scary Now

Okay, now it's just weird.

In the 2005 World Series, the usually worthless Geoff Blum slugged his way into White Sox lore with a 14th Inning homer that won game three.

Last year, he left the Sox to re-join the Padres. I wrote in April of last year how Blum is apparently "Mr. 14th Inning." There's something strange about him and that inning. After all, he hadn't gotten a hit after that game-winning homerun until the 14th game of last season...in the 14th inning. He hit a single and then scored the winning run.

Well, now it's just getting freaky. Once again, the man is a 14th Inning Hero with his double against the Cubs yesterday. Says Blum: "I was just waiting until the 14th inning to relax and get this thing over with."

Truth be told: I am writing about Geoff Blum today only because my own stupid team gives me nothing to write about. Morons.

And even pictures of my magical Podsednik action figure aren't going to help his right adductor. Dang it.

No comments: