6.08.2007

Change is Strange -- But I Got My Black T-Shirt

So I'm at work today wearing shorts, sandals and my army hat. I love my job. It's Clean-Up Day--a day devoted to cleaning our offices, eating, playing games and eating. We're blowing the top off of Clean-Up Day today with rented inflatables and all kinds of games. I hope all goes well.

This starts a big weekend. Tonight, The Intended and I will share a End-of-the-School-Year Celebration Dinner and then I will pick up Best Man Doug at the bus station. Apparently, he's been wandering around there since January when we thought he moved to Ohio!

Tomorrow is the big day--The Bachelor Party. Honestly, I can't wrap my head around the fact that I will be having a bachelor party. It seems weird. I am excited for it but I don't really know what to expect or quite what to think. I guess I haven't really thought that much about it since I'm still not quite grasping the fact that it's 1) here or 2) actually for me.

Maybe this is because right now, there's just so much to think about and so much change and so much surreal stuff. This wedding run-up is a lot of fun. But kinda crazy and strange. I was at The Intended's on Wednesday and I was like, "I'm gonna LIVE here in two weeks."

That night I was over there, The Incoming Sister-In-Law was working on moving out. She asked me to carry her TV down to her car. To explain what happened, it's best if I share what happened from the Incoming Sister-In-Law's perspective and then from mine:

She was thinking:

"Are you strong? The TV is really heavy and awkward. You might be fine. It's just I have no upper body strength. Oh my gosh, the TV is so dusty. I should dust it. Or I could just move it as is. But, oh, you have a black shirt on..."

What she actually said aloud:

"Are you strong? The TV is really heavy and awkward. You might be fine. It's just I have no upper body strength. But, oh, you have a black shirt on..."

I responded: "It is true: my black T-shirt does give me superhuman strength."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chaddaddy writes: You know I find that black shirts give me superhuman strenght as well...interesting. Oh... Bacholer party weekend baby! That reminds me, I have to swing by the bank and get a stack of singles :-)

Unknown said...

I hope it wasn't the "I do my own stunts" black t-shirt with the picture of the guy falling down. That wouldn't give her much confidence in your walking and carrying abilities.