6.20.2007

The Final Wedding Wednesday

Well, this is it: The last Wednesday before the wedding. And the last status report.

For the most part, the work is done. The song list is completed. Everything is ordered, planned and paid for. The centerpieces are ready to bust out. Everyone has their jobs and knows where to be and when. My self-designed stand for the cookie cake is done. All the gifts for the wedding party are bagged and ready. The program is designed and printed out. All the people are seated. The place cards are ordered. My hair is cut. And I even have my tux already (it came in early!).

So now, we can relax and enjoy the celebration. And I can sit around wearing my tux. And pretend to be James Bond.

One of the neat things is hearing friends and family talking about how excited they are for Saturday. It's gonna be a real fun party, I think. I am excited to celebrate. And for The Intended and I, seeing our loved ones all together and all happy is a huge deal. We're happy to see others' happy.

In fact, I've enjoyed being able to answer one common question this week. I've actually had 5 friends independently ask if there will be a bouquet or garter toss. The answer is no. One guy said, "Good thing. Now I don't have to bring my blow torch to burn the mother down."

Whew.

So, there's lots of excitement about the big day. But really, this is about more than a day on the calendar. I'm most excited that I get to finally live and do life with my best friend.

This will probably be the last post until July. When I return, I will--as an unnamed friend told me--"be a Mr." I then explained I'm already a Mr., but yes, I am about to gain a Mrs. How cool is that?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,

Congrats on the big day! Cathy and I will be married for 5 years on Friday.

Enjoy it, it is amazing how quickly life goes. Marriage is a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

wow Now there are 4 Mrs. Hertz in your life!!! How ever are you going to know the difference when someone Yells "MRS HERTZ"..??? So if anyone says Miss Hertz.... that one's me!

the dreamer said...

I'm assuming you're leaving "that one guy" anonymous (the garter toss/blowtorch quote) because everyone will know it's the gat.

Anonymous said...

From someone who has been reading (and enjoying) your blog for about a year or so--I thought of you today in class when learning about new technology and I saw this: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/star-wars-projector-shaped-like-r2d2-does-not-project-leia-holos-226868.php.
I'm very sorry it's a little too expensive to be a wedding present. Not to mention I don't even know you. But congratulations. :)
PS: I recommend NOT hocking your wedding presents so you can get the R2 projector.

Sheryl said...

You're too cute! Enjoy your wedding day and married life! I don't really know you, but congratulations!

And because of you, I get to babysit my nephew Alex ALL day on Saturday b/c Marc gets to be in your wedding - so yippee for me! :)

Have a great time, Todd!!

derfman said...

Congratulations, Todd. Hopefully your blog will remain interesting to read and not turn into one of those married guy blogs that just talks about how great my wife is or my kids are. Those are boring.

Oh yeah, your sister won't be Miss Hertz forever...

Mark Ahn said...

everyone knows that I don't own a blowtorch.

the todd said...

I love you guys. These comments boards remind me why I blog.

Except for you, Derfman. You know why.