4.13.2006

Requiem for a Chai Dream

It's been a long weekend. I've missed the office. I am so glad to be back. You may think I am being sarcastic. But I am not. I love my job. But that's not why I am glad to be back. I am glad to be back becuase my stash is here.

My stash? Well, let me explain. I have been hooked on a new drug: Chai Tea. You know how dealers always give you your first taste free? Well, when I was in Nashville, a coffee company gave me two free bags: one coffee, one something called Chai. When I tried to give them away (I don't drink coffee), my friend Doug F. said, "This one isn't Coffee. But I think you'd like it."

This comment began a downward spiral. Doug suggested Chai to me because I like tea and hot cocoa. Chai is like God himself took hot cocoa and tea and combined them with a sprinkling of heaven itself. And then, dumped half of the world's sugar into it.

I am so addicted to Chai now. When I was spooning it into my mug last Thursday, my hand was actually shaking in excitement and because it'd been about 16 hours since I'd had a fix. This morning, I got my hot water and turned to my shelf where I keep my Chai. The bag was gone. I freaked out. I assumed someone stole it. I was ready to knife someone.

It turns out I put it on the shelf below.

I am worried today because my first Chai bag is almost out. What will I then do? How will I support my habit? I am considering crime.

3 comments:

derfman said...

If you want to know anything about tea, send me a PM and I will give you the hookup. I have my own supplier in Arlington Heights (the dude actually travels to India and China to get special stashes).

the todd said...

Oh man, my addiction could go to all new limits. The last thing I needed was my own Chai dealer...

the dreamer said...

I love that the derfman has his own supplier of tea. Do you have your own supplier of sake, too?