4.27.2006

Sitting on Money

I got the truck back last night. The door is securely attached. The radio works. And, just in general, it runs better. The best news: It turned out to be about $250 less than the estimate. Whoo. I think it was my intimidating presence that made them know they couldn't mess with me. Okay, stop laughing.

But maybe I was a little surly because my free bag of Chai ran out. Ya, it has been a rough couple of days. Lots of shaking. Some sweating. Sure, I could go buy more (think how much Chai I could have bought with that $800 I spent on my truck!). But I am 1) short on expendable cash and 2) cheap. Wait, I shouldn't say cheap. No. I am fiscally careful.

Some of my fiscal consciousness is necessary because I have the double whammy of working as a 1) journalist for a 2) non-for-profit company. But my thriftiness is also a personality trait. On my second birthday, I got some cash in my birthday cards and mom and grandma tried to collect it. Oh no. I took those bills and I sat on them. Oh ya, try and get it now.

Seriously, I think this is why I don't smoke or do drugs. I just couldn't afford that or allow myself such excessive expenditures.

No comments: