6.15.2006

The Search is Back On!

Monkey Search 2006: CASE REOPENED!

Status: Today on the comments board, we got an anonymous tip. Someone suggested doing a "Fun with Google" exercise by entering the search terms "Fez" and "Monkey" into Google Images to see if it would produce any leads. Well, because the search for my little pencil-topper monkey was closed, I thought it would be best to just let sleeping dogs lie. But, curiousity got the better of me. And here is what we found:

Photo #1: Nice. It could be a painting done of Red Fez Monkey. But as far as I know, he was not a martini drinker.


Photo #2: Well, again not him but he did always like dinosaurs. And who doesn't love monkeys and dinosaurs together? Oh that's right, girls don't (see Editor's note*).


Photo #3: What a good little monkey! But he is not plastic. Or a pencil topper.


Photo #4: Hee hee. Monkey acting like a person! haha.


Photo #5: Red Fez, is that you?

Photo #6: Oh my Goodness! It is him! It's Red Fez Monkey! This is photographic evidence that he is still out there! This photo was found on this site (where you can also get your own little happy buddha!). So, I will look into these monkey slave traders and see how they got Red Fez and where they sold him! The search is on!

*Editor's Note:
As the Monkey Search resumes, let me take this opportunity to talk about monkeys. It has become apparent to me that this blog is very much monkey focused right now. And to me, that is a little slice of heaven. But I think I am perhaps turning off half of the readership out there. You see, I've discovered that females don't get monkeys. They don't understand the fundamental obsession men have with them. But it is just genetic.

Last night, Emily mentioned going home to watch King Kong. I mentioned that the best part of this film is by far the Monkey vs. Dinosaur fight. I could watch it for hours. But The Ladyfriend said, "No, that was the most boring part of the movie. The best part is when she's sitting in his hand and they understand each other..." (At this point there was a lot of mushy girl talk about romance and sunsets and lovey dovey stuff but I tuned that out and thought about monkeys riding bicycles and smoking pipes).

I think the fact that The Ladyfriend only enjoyed the romance shows the chief difference between men and women: To men, Monkeys are just funny or cool. There's no sweet, romantic use for them. They are either great comedy or neat to see hit stuff with sticks. But maybe this isn't just with monkeys. I guess this kind of goes with anything: Men and women see the same thing, but yet see completely different things.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUT! I argue...Monkeys are at their BEST when they show their humane sides...research has proven that time and time again! :) Look at Jane Goodall, Koko the Gorilla, etc. Entertaining as they can be when they fight dinosaurs they are BEST when they are tender and nuturing and remind us of our more humane, loving instincts...not our savage ones! :) Oh, I know this is a qualified statement adding "best" into the logic, but I think most civilized and anthropoligically minded folk would agree! ;)
Make Love, Not War,
The Hippy, Monkey Hugging and Loving Ladyfriend

the todd said...

I will agree with the Ladyfriend on this point: "Monkeys are their best when they show their humane sides" or actually, I'd change that too: their human side like when smoking pipes, dressing up like basball players or using tools. That is funny. But the rest of her argument is very much biased by estrogen: "loving instincts?" Bah. :)

Mark Ahn said...

Grunt. Grr. Men no care about monkey's "relational" habits. Grunt. Snort. Me think women probably want even talk to stone, get to know stone, stone's "feelings." *Burp.* Men like hitting stone with stick, call it baseball. Then setting stick on fire. *WAAAAROAAAR*

the todd said...

Just for the record,I never said anything about hitting monkeys with sticks. I said it funny to watch monkeys hit things with sticks.

Anonymous said...

Doublem, personally, the thought of a Monkey thinking "Gracious!" about ANYTHING, let alone a martini, cracks ME up!

Alas, I will admit defeat in this arena of monkeys in blogger-boyland. The todd chose his venue wisely bringing up the monkey issue here...however...my feelings about the best moment in King Kong 'twill never change! :) Afterall, no one goes to the Ape house to just see the Silverback Gorilla itself; its the momma with the baby that the Silverback protects that is most endearing to children and adults alike! :)

the todd said...

Wow, she has a point there. Who doesn't like to see a Ape and child? Especially if they are smoking. Or wearing sailor suits. :)