6.06.2006

That's the Way to Fund Raise

At youth group on Sunday, our leader Jen told us all that our pastor is very excited about the youth putting on a Haunted House in our new basement next fall as a fund raiser and outreach. The kids were getting really excited. But I wanted to ask if the other counselors felt there'd be flak from more conservative attendees of the church. So in front of all the kids, I began talking: "So, do you think there will be any reservations from older people about holding a..."

At this point of talking, I was still forming the question in my mind. I thought about saying "House of Horrors" instead of "Haunted House." And then, for some reason, "Horror House" seemed like a good idea. What people heard was this:

"So, do you think there will be any reservations from older people about holding a Whore House in the church basement?"

After the laughing subsided, it was decided that, yes, there would probably be reservations.

No comments: