8.17.2006

For the Love of Everything Holy!

Memo to the the White Sox:

They are the ROYALS. They are 43-78. Most of them are between the ages of 43 and 78. You should not lose to them. Ever.

And when every win counts to whether or not you'll get to the playoffs, you cannot afford to lose to the ROYALS. (See first paragraph for why.) Because of this blundering, all that stuff you accomplished last week: For naught! Yah, a pennant/wild card race in August is exciting and intense--but you are making it more exciting and intense than it needs to be.

I know, this may be my fault. I wore the magic Playoff Jersey for too many days in a row. I pushed it. But please, for the love of everything sweet and holy, please win today.

And always, always let Alex Cintron bat in the 9th. Maybe he can pitch too. Just an idea.

Maybe the problem is that we don't have an official song yet. Get out the Journey records. Find something!

But for now, Don't Stop Believing,
Todd

2 comments:

derfman said...

Oh man, what a frustrating game yesterday. At least they were able to salvage a split with the Royals today. The only bright spot is that their future gameas are against "good" teams. Hey, were you the one who wrote about Burning Tree Projeckt? It's some Christian band I thought I never heard about but maybe I did. The only reason I ask is because I came across this awesome clip of the lead guitarist playing the Zelda theme on a ukelele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFv3QEuh34s

HopefulLeigh said...

I second that motion regarding Cinty. At least we won today. I've been talking to a few people about what a good new theme song would be but we're all still stumped. It could be the magic ticket we need.