8.09.2006

Where's Jar Jar?

So, the more I look at some of those proposal photos, the more I find something striking. Of course, My Intended (formerly The Ladyfriend) does not quite see what I do, but to me it's really quite amazing.

Look at this photo:


Doesn't it look like we are on Naboo, home world of Queen Amidala from the Star Wars prequels? I think so. It even looks a little CG-enhanced. I hit the good old internet to find photographic comparisons from the films but only found these two. They aren't great, but there is a resemblance:

PTOIT Special Feature: Fun with Google

Here at PTOIT (Putting the Odd in Todd), we strive for objectivity and credibility. So I want to assure you that today's selected words for Fun with Google were drawn randomly out of a hat and have no meaning or connection. OK, that's all a lie. Anyway, like every week, I selected two terms and searched than at Google images to see what came up. Here it goes.

Today's search terms: "Wedding" and "Star Wars"

The results:

Photo #1: I especially like the fall leaves that create a gentle cradle for the Vader cake. I love that despite the nerdiness, they tried to class it up to match the rest of the wedding. The look really says, "Classy Autumn Nerd-dom" or "Trick or Treat: Imperial Takeover" or "This is a Compromise so I Didn't Have to Dress Like Amidala."

Photo #2: I like to imagine here that the bride and groom do not know the men on either side of them but don't want to cause a panic in front of all their guests. "Just smile...Is that your uncle in the mask?"

Photo #3: These men have no honor. Look at those sloppy arcs. Qui Gon would not be pleased.

Photo #4: This is just so darn cute. The simple innocence of children--they won't say no when you make them dress up like an Ewok in public. But you can tell that the older one, the jedi, is starting to wise up. He's thinking, "Hmmm, do I want photos of this?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't forget about all the Sox traditions that need to be honored as well...oh, the choices that must be made! :) I assure you this WILL be a unique and classy affair...some may say it could never be done, but it will be done! Oh, yes, it will! :)

Anonymous said...

well...maybe not exactly the jersey and pinstripe pants...but I promise opportunity for some White Sox fun is in the plans! :)

Anonymous said...

About the photo... You're right. It is quite uncanny how similar the photos are to the CG-generated SW universe of Episodes I through III.

It would have been funny to see Jar Jar Photoshopped in.

Kudos!

Steve
Courtney's next co-author?

Mark Ahn said...

You knew this was coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsT6a9vR44

Congrats by the way, again.