8.25.2006

Grooming Jedis

So, blogger once again will not let me post photos. Thus, delaying a big post I had planned for today. Instead, I thought I'd do a few little bits and pieces:

DREAM LOG
Last night, I had my first Star Wars dream in quite a while. In the beginning, I was Luke and I was in the Emperor's lair. I was confronted by both the Emperor and a young cloned version of the Emperor (a character that must have been inspired in my head by the Star Wars Dark Horse comics). I was fighting the Young Emperor, when he grabbed me with one hand and began flossing my teeth with the other. And then, he turned into General Grievious.

The next thing I know, I am walking down a city street with college friends Adam and Jeff. We apparently just saw this new Star Wars film and are discussing it. "I think what Lucas was trying to say," Jeff said. "Was that the Emperor and Grievious were grooming Luke to take over." (Get it: grooming=personal hygiene. Yikes.) And then, Jeff turns and points to a building in the distance. "I think that's the Jedi Temple there. We should go there sometime."

The rest of the dream involved me driving a four-wheeler around my brother's farm with him and my yet-to-be-born nephew. And then, my mom and I watched aTV show witha group of homeless people under a bridge.
Sign I Am A Geek #413: I know that there's a Star Wars Dark Horse comic.

PTOIT MOOD ALERT
This weekend, all of my loved ones should keep a careful eye on the sports headlines. My mood and tolerance are likely to be in direct coorelation with how the Sox do against the Twins. We need a sweep. 2 out of 3 will be accepted. Anything else may result in the kind of rage unseen since someone stole Ross' sandwich on Friends.

NEWS COMMENTARY
Have you heard about poor Pluto? It's been kicked out of the Planets Club. Honestly, I feel bad for Pluto. It's like he just got booted from sitting at the cool table. And I think it is sketchy justification too:

"Pluto doesn't make the grade under the new rules for a planet: a celestial body that is in orbit around the sun, has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a ... nearly round shape, and has cleared the neighborhood around its orbit. Pluto is automatically disqualified because its oblong orbit overlaps with Neptune's."

Hmmm, or does Neptune's orbit overlap Pluto's?! Maybe it's Neptune that isn't a planet!

I kind of imagine this "International Astronomical Union" like a bunch of scheming high school snots who have just been waiting for their chance to pick on the poor kid way out in space that can't defend himself. They are kind of like the rich snobby frat in Animal House who tried to shut down Delta Delta Delta. And I bet Neptune's dad is a big financial contributor.

POP CULTURE WATCH
So, Survivor has for years been accused of not being diverse enough. Well, it wll be this year! In fact, they are putting several blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians on the show--and then making them fight it out! That's right, they will be divided by race and compete against each other. OK. So how does this not end up ugly?

CHRISTMAS LIST UPDATE
Oh yah! www.armorofgodpjs.com

QUOTES OF THE WEEK
"I touched him and I think I blacked out." -My sister about when she met Neal Cotts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was blacked out so I wasn't really sure what was going on and having a t-shirt for him to sign just seemed like a really good idea (;

the todd said...

Well stated. You can't be responsible for what you do when blacked out by excitement.

Anonymous said...

With regards to your Pop Culture Watch, I have argued for a long time that the world's problems could easily be solved by air dropping crates of knives everywhere.

This way we can arm everyone and let them all duke it out. Eventually the carnage will be so terrible that they will learn the error of their ways.

I think I saw something similar to this on an old Star Trek episode.

The other option is free vasectomies for everyone.

XOXO,
Steve