8.23.2007

Did We Find my Voice Twin?

Today in the lunchroom, a co-worker asked me if I've done any moonlighting work with any insurance companies. I really wasn't expecting that question and wasn't too sure what freelance work for an insurance company would look like. Spying on people to make sure they are really injured?

At any rate, I was pretty certain the answer was no. She said that when she called her agency today, the phone system's automated voice sounded just like me. I've had people tell me that they've seen people who look like me, but I've never heard about having a voice twin before.

Of course, whenever someone says they've seen (or heard) someone "just like me," I am always curious. Would I think they look (or sound) like me? Would seeing (or hearing) that person give me a glimpse into how others see me?

It also makes me wonder: Maybe that was me. Maybe I did once record the voice prompts for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Or maybe they kidnapped me and hyponotied me into it. Who knows. When Kim once asked me if I was at Cardinal Fitness the night before because she saw a guy who "looked just like me," I thought, Maybe I was there. I don't know what I even did last night! Am I working out in my sleep again?

After all, apparentely I do a lot of things and don't realize it. It seems that I'm an NFL player, too. I got this envelope in the mail not long ago:

I didn't even know I was in the draft. Or that I played football. But apparently, they can just draft anyone these days. Hmmm. I guess that explains Rex Grossman. And the Cleveland Browns.

3 comments:

Kim said...

When I was young, my dream job was to record the "please take a ticket" prompts for parking garages downtown. Of course, after I had successfully monopolized the parking garage industry, I planned to move onto bigger and better voice recording opportunities.

P.S. I still believe that guy at the gym was you.

Unknown said...

sorry to get off the topic of Todd's blog, but oh my goodness Kim. You crack me up. I do find it sad that you have not reached your dream job just yet.

the todd said...

You seem to have been a very interesting child, Kim.

And by interesting, I mean strange.