1.08.2007

The Circle of Life...And Pictionary

I love board games. On Friday, I got together with Marc, Emily and Charissa to play Charissa's new game based on LOST. It was basically a game where you moved around movable board peices to explore "the island" and tried to add as many new castawys to your group as you could. I ended up with 5, but most importantly, I got Mr. Eko. He's my favorite.

After everyone got bored of me whupping up on them in that game with my lethal Eko-Jin-Sun combination, we moved onto Pictionary. And what occured there was a wonderful coincidence.

First, some history: Pictionary is a big deal in our friend group. We play quite a bit and have many classic stories. The best is this: During an "All Play," Charissa drew three stick figures. Two were the same size and a third, in the middle, was very short. I assumed this was a family. I guessed, "Parents" and "Baby." But then, Charissa gave the baby a gun. She then went on to draw a Possum. The word was "Posse." Her drawing was so great, it became a shirt.

So on Friday, Marc and Charissa were playing against Marc and I. We were on an All-Play. Marc and Charissa were drawing. As we get set to draw, Charissa says to Emily, "Think hard on this one." After I say "Go!," Charissa begins to draw her Mom, Dad and baby all over again--and once again gives the baby a gun. And after only about 3 seconds Emily yells, "POSSE!"

Sure enough, by some odd chance, Charissa got the Posse card all over again. And used the failures of the past for a better present.

DREAM LOG:
(1/7/07)
I was traveling with three guys from work: Marshall, Russ and Andy. We were at some convention in St. Louis and decided to go to a baseball game. (Where did this come from? Well, years ago I went to a Evangelical Press Association meeting with Marshall and one night we went to a Braves game. I also go to a conference with Russ and Andy every year.) At the game, the Cardinals were playing the Yankees. That Cardinals were winning. We were sitting near the top of the second tier when I noticed a little yellow stunt plane flying around the stadium doing tricks. I watched for awhile and was impressed but also worried becuse he was close to buildings everytime he did rolls and loops.

Suddenly, the pilot ejects from the plane and parachutes away. Meanwhile, the plane goes up for another loop and comes down on a section of seats across the field from me--right behind home plate. The plane doesn't hit people though, but lands on the overhung roof above them. It just kinda bounces off this roof harmlessly. I can't believe it, but I just get back into the game. But then I hear a loud creaking. I look up. And this big section of seats under that roof just tumbles backward out of the stadium. People are screaming and it's mayhem. (So where did this come from? Well, I watched World Trade Center last night.) The last thing I remember is watching a black-and-white movie of the stunt plane pilot parachuting into a lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that picture in my "Charissa's going away" book! I'll try to send it to you if I can figure out how to use the scanner.

the todd said...

Oooh, then everyone can see the legend! :)