1.29.2007

The Question.

An actual phone call between my brother and I:

Me: I have a question to ask you as my livestock expert.

Chad: Okay...

Me: It's a weird question.

Chad: Okay...

Me: Could a grown man fit inside of a horse?

...pause...

Chad: Inside?

Me: Yah, like if he gutted it?

Chad: That is a weird question.

Me: I warned you. Would a horse be big enough?

Chad: What kind of horse?

Me: Well, not a Clydesdale. Like a normal riding horse. Like in Westerns.

Chad: My wife's family has a real big fat horse that someone could fit in easily. But a normal sized horse? I guess I could fit. But I am short.

Me: Let's say Pierce Brosnan. Could he fit in a horse?

Chad: How big is he?

Me: Average. Like 6 foot, 200 pounds?

Chad: It's possible. If you removed all the organs.

Me: Yah. But the ribcage would be a problem, I think.

Chad: Maybe, yah. It'd take a lot of work to prepare. How much time does he have to prepare the horse?

Me: I don't know. Awhile.

Chad: Yah, he could probably clean it up enough.

Me: So, if a movie featured Pierce Brosnan hiding in his dead horse...it wouldn't be completely preposterous?

Chad: That's a weird movie. Why is he in there?

Me: To surprise someone chasing him. He pops out and attacks.

Chad: Why would anyone walk up so close to a gutted horse that he can get attacked by a man hiding inside?

Me: Good question.

Chad: But possible? I'd say it'd be close. It's concievable.

Me: Hmm, so I guess it isn't as far-fetched as I thought.

Chad: I wouldn't say Myth Confirmed. But I'd say Myth Probable.

Me: You are my own personal myth buster. Nice.

No comments: