1.04.2007

There's no good title for this one

Yesterday, someone said to me this sentence: "I don't like Hot Chocolate. It's just gross." That statement just made no sense to my brain. I can't even really process that. To me, it is much like saying, "I can't stand air." Or "Freedom sucks." Or "Baby puppies are the worst things ever. Dang them baby puppies."

It's Hot Chocolate. It's chocolate. That is hot. I fail to see the problem.

This morning, Designer Doug bought new windshield wipers. He cut up the box and kept the name of the wipers: "Critical and Delicate Wipers." He then taped it up as a little sign above the toilet paper in the men's room. I laughed for about 10 minutes.

I broke down on Wednesday and bought Styx's "Mr. Roboto" on iTunes. I love that song. I've listened to it like a dozen times. In fact, on Wednesday I just listened over and over. It's so worth a dollar ... and giving up a dollar to that band who now turns its face upon their greatest creation. Oh, I'm gonna get angry again. The only thing that can calm me is to turn on "Mr. Roboto." ... Oh yah, there it is.

You really can't listen to the "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto" refrain without dancing the robot. It's impossible. It's like a mystical power. I am doing the robot right now. Actually, it's funny because on Wednesday I had the song rolling almost constantly and two different dance parties broke out. One time, Designer Doug walked in and initiated the robot. We both danced together. And then, later, Latonya walked in and we both instinctivally--and on beat--started doing the robot at the same time while discussing new commercials we like.

A FUN FRIDAY READ:
Speaking of commercials, Camerin found this great Slate article about the "Commercials We Hate." The great lines include such dandies as:

About the VO5 commercials where two youths rebel with hair products:
"This VO5 commercial suggests we should just airdrop VO5 over North Korea, and then sit back and watch the freedom (and fauxhawks) bloom."

About Dominoes' Fudgems:
"It seems like a great idea to advertise a fudge brownie by first anthropomorphizing it, and then having it smear gucky brown goo over everyone who touches it."

About the Visa ad where the guy paying cash throws off the rhythmic orchestra of the cashier line:
"I'll pay for my sandwich any way I dang well please. Perhaps I'll haul out a bag of nickels. Maybe I'll sign over a check from Grandma. Whatchu gonna do about it, chump? "

About the shockingly violent VW commercials where conversations are cut off my horrible accidents:
"The whole campaign seems horribly misguided. The main effect is that whenever I see a VW these days, I reflexively duck and cover. Those things are always getting into violent accidents! "

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"It makes you want to grow a mustache." --Designer Doug about listening to Styx.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Honestly, I don't like Hot Chocolate either. It melts in your hands and gets all over your hands. Although, with M&Ms, at least it leaves pretty colors all over your hands.

No, room temperature chocolate or cooler is the way to go.

Coriander said...

I drink silk soy chocolate milk and put it in the microwave for like, 30 seconds. In 30 seconds I have 'fot chocolate' (fake hot chocolate.)

Mr. Roboto is my ringtone on my friend Adrienne's phone when I call her. I was clever enough to figure that out once while telling her I was scanning her pics.

We are obviously connected through the universe.

~C.