5.16.2006

Concentrate on Your Yogurt

My friend Marc buys an individual cup of yogurt each day for his lunch. I however, buy in bulk and then bring them one-by-one to work. I am seeing the wisdom to buying them individually.

You see, a 12-pack flat of yogurt almost led to my demise.

At Aldi, I grabbed one of their cardboard flats that hold 12 yogurts and filled it with the delightful Cherries Jubliee yogurt. I set the box on my passenger seat and drove off. Well, I was talking to The Ladyfriend on my phone and pulling into the gas station (to spend $800 on gas, btw). As I turned, went over a bump and hit the brakes, the flat of yogurt turned into a catapult and shot all 12 cartons down to my feet. At first, I playfully yelped because it was kinda funny how they all shot directly down there. And I was relieved that none had broken.

But then horror struck: With the amount of yogurt cartons now at my feet, the already limited surface area near the pedals was filled by tiny fragile Cherry Jubliee landmines. I couldn't move my feet. The little tubs were also under the brake pedal, meaning I couldn't press down. And I was rocketing towards a gas pump. Things didn't look good.

I quickly told The Ladyfriend that I needed to hang-up, but added that I was OK. And then I led the truck into a gentle coast away from any gas pumps or people until I could navigate my feet around the yogurt to press the brake pedal down. Situation averted.

When I called The Ladyfriend back, I aplogized that my yelping and quick goodbye made her think I'd been in an accident. But I explained, "I had to lend my full concentration to all this yogurt."

Monkey Search 2006: Day Seven

Status Report: It is a week now since the Fez Monkey has disappeared. I looked under the desk to no luck. I have also questioned more suspects. No one seems to know anything--or perhaps I surround myself with very good liars. Hard to tell.

Action Steps: I have used another Fez Monkey (Purple Fez Monkey) to generate a missing poster of what Red Fez Monkey looks like (see right). It's only been a week so far, but soon I may implement aging software to get an accurate idea of what he may look like today. I am hoping this poster will help jog people's memories and generate an awareness out there. If you know anything, please let us at PTOIT know.

2 comments:

Mark Ahn said...

Nice. Anytime I run across Brak, I go play the lottery. Cuz everything's gonna turn up golden.

Aright, off to scratch and WIN.

the todd said...

Wow. That is moral of the story I hadn't considered...