10.20.2006

8 Seconds, Baby.

And so it continues. My brother Chad has now created his own "Todd Riding Something" photo. In this one, as Chad says, I am proving that I am indeed a little bit country. In fact, I seem very, very at home on top of this rampaging bull. Thanks to Chad for this great image. I think we may soon have a whole gallery of pics of me riding stuff based on that recently-posted lawnmower image of me.

I got looking at this photo and I really like the guy in the back with the big white hat. Here's what I think is happening: That man is a wealthy rancher who used to sponsor me, but was using his influence and moeny to hold my rodeo career down. He didn't like that I didn't wear the proper rodeo attire or hat. I was the rebel who dared to shake up the rodeo community and stand up to the dirty practices of The Rancher. When I went against The Rancher, he bet against me in the big rodeo. Now, he's not a bit pleased that I am doing well. The boys on this left are his hired thugs. You can tell by their scowls. And mustaches.

Other than all this good old rodeo fun, not much is happening with me today. LaTonya brought in cupcakes for everyone. The frosting is about 4 inches high off the cupcake. That is a bit too much sugar for me this early in the morning. When I told LaTonya that I'd save it for after-lunch, she replied: "But don't stick it in your Cookie Drawer."

Now that is just silly. It's not a cookie. It doesn't belong in the Cookie Drawer. So I put it up on the Cupcake Shelf.

PTOIT QUOTES OF THE WEEK:
"So, the hatch blew off your underwear?" -Hurley on LOST.

"A special message from Pat Boone." -an actual subject line to an e-mail I got this week.

"It's more like Connecticut and less like Texas." -Doug V., in a conversation that is impossible to explain but was very funny.

"Bear? Is that you?" -Hurley on LOST.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sasquatch.

Anonymous said...

"Bull? Is that you?"
--Todd's Rodeo clown mimicking Hurley on Lost as he marvels at Todd's riding prowress.

Mark Ahn said...

I vote Taun-Taun. Or Marv Albert.