10.27.2006

The Partaking

Something has really been missing around the office lately. And it is called, "Partaking."

A couple of years ago I began to buy the Aldi brand of Diet Cola and bring the cartons straight into work. When I took a can from the fridge in the IYF designers' fridge, I'd pop another in. Not long after, I offered our designer Fleener to partake in the Diet Colas as much as he wanted as well. And he did.

And so for a long time, Doug and I would partake in the Diet Cola. If he heard the fridge door opening he'd say, "Are you partaking?" Sometimes, I would only bring in one can from home. He'd catch me drinking it and ask as if I was cheating on him. "I cannot belive you are partaking without me," he'd say. "I thought it meant something."

You'll see on the right that the Diet Cola box says, "Great Tasting!" Doug and I decided that the slogan was a tad misrepresentative. We thought maybe it should be, "Not So Bad!" or "Good for What you Pay!" or "Eh."

But yet, this stuff is addicting. The Sweet Valley Diet Cola was our drug of choice. I'd say, "I can quit anytime." And finally, I've pretty much weened off it. It's not that I don't like it. I'm just out and too lazy to go to the store.

PTOIT Quotes of the Week

"Did you just kill a bunny?" -Sawyer, on LOST.

"I still dance in the aisles, Todd... you never stopped me." -My sister in an IM conversation about the cruel things that older brothers do to their sisters. And how the sisters are too storng to let it get to them. It was so sweet I cried.

"It's Of Mice and Men. You'd like it. Puppies get killed." -Sawyer, on LOST.

"What is this 'crown molding' Todd speaks of?" -Charissa, while we were painting Marc's house. I kept saying that we didn't have to worry about cutting around the ceiling because the crown molding would go there and somehow Charissa decided that menat that Crown Molding is like white-out for any place you mess up or don't want to paint.

"Oops. Get the crown molding." -Charissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY DOUBLEM! That bathroom is a work of art! YOU try painting around a wardrobe. It's not easy.

the todd said...

Charissa and I are going to start a painting business. We are that good. But the niche we have is that we entertain the homeowners with our wit as we paint.