10.24.2006

Meat and Potatoes

Yesterday a friend of mine said, "Have I told you my joke about Colonoscopies?" You know, it doesn't matter what the joke was because I was already laughing. That line on it's own is funny stuff. It just is.

So, Halloween is coming. I bought a big economy bag of Nerds in the event that someone may come trick-or-treating at my house for the first time since living there. Of course, the bag of Nerds is almost gone. So I may have to buy more. Or I could just give out nickels. Or maybe pictures of me. That's a good Trick-or-Treat haul right there.

My Halloween costume deliberations have gone through several cycles. I was going to attach one of those styrofoam planes to my torso and staple rubber snakes all over it to be Snakes on a Plane. Then I giggled about the absurdity of just going as a "potato," but I wasn't sure what that would look like. Then My Intended was going to be Cinderella. To go along with it, I thought about going as Gus Gus. Or her fairy godmother. Or the Fairy Godfather.

Now, she's not going as Cinderella. So we have a new idea for a couple costume. It's very simple. I'm all about the simple homemade costumes. As a kid I was a Ghostbuster, Benjamin Franklin and Ed Grimley. All homemade costumes. And you know you are one of the cool kids if you are dressing like Ben Franklin for Halloween.

PTOIT Special Feature: FUN WITH GOOGLE!

Today, I searched Google Images with the random search terms "meat" and "suit." Here's what I found:

Photo 1: At first, I thought maybe George Foreman was wearing boxing gloves made of meat. But that is not regulation in boxing. So I think this picture came up because George Foreman is a Meat Suit.

Photo 2: That's a lotta meat.

Phot0 #3: Sometimes I wonder why stuff gets put on the Internet. Someone went to a lot of effort to Photoshop this man into wearing a suit of meat. Why? Who knows. I just hope that someday, some other blog is doing a "Fun with Google" segment and uses the search terms "monkey" and "Santa Maria" and finds this. Good luck figuring out why that'd be on the Internet.

Photo #4: It's hard to tell, but this may be a real suit of meat. I found this on the site of some art exposition. This is art, people. Art. This would be a good Halloween costume. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One can only hope photo #4 is a meat suit and not a living specimen from the Body Worlds Exihibit that was at the Museum of Science and Industry a few years ago...'cuz that's just gross! See the link below for examples....
http://www.msichicago.org/temp_exhibit/bodyworlds2/index.html

HopefulLeigh said...

Now I'm curious about the colonoscopy joke. And hungry for a good steak, preferably one that has never touched another human being.

the todd said...

Hopefullsw, the joke was basically: "How is a colonoscopy like an alien abduction?" And the answer was pretty much that they're the same...