10.10.2006

Nothing Runs Like a Deer*

I'm losing my memory. This morning it took me about 18 tries to log into my blog. See, I deleted all my cookies (mmmm, cookies) from my computer. So, none of my regular pages remember me. And I have the world's worst capactiy for remembering login names and passwords. It took me forever to figure out what my login name was.

This incident came just after another memory issue. About two weeks ago, Marc told me that whenever he types in the new door code at work he starts with the wrong two numbers. Every time. Well, guess what? Since he told me what two numbers he accidently and incorrectly types in, I now type in those two numbers to start every time. Marc's bad memory is contagious.

There's been much chatter in the comments about a picture of me on a John Deere at my brother's farm. So, I thought I'd share. This is me ridin' dirty:


*UPDATE: You'll notice that the headline of this blog is spelled "deer" and not "deere." Observant (read: pesky) commenters have noted that this is a mispelling of the John Deere name. And they are right. But the reason it happened was that I had meant to use the John Deere photo to transition into a story about a dream I had about deer, bears and my brother. But I forgot to. And then I forgot to change the headline. So you see, this whole incident just goes to stress my point that my memory is failing. So see, I planned it this way. Really.

PTOIT Special Feature: FUN WITH GOOGLE

Today, I was affected by the season and searched for the words "apples" and "vampires" in google images. Here's what I found:


Photo 1: No vampires. No apples. But I am not going to miss an opp to post a picture of the little people.


Photo 2: No vampires. No apples. But it's an unhappy punk girl in a bunny suit. Score.

Photo 3: This could be one of the more disturbing things I've ever seen. But it is exactly what I searched for...so I deserve it.

Photo 4: I know that there is no fourth photo. But that is because Blogger decided to stop letting me upload photos. My fourth photo was the best. It was a man in a banana suit. Yah. And we all know how much PTOIT enjoys people in costumes. But close your eyes and imagine it. It was fantastic.

1 comment:

the todd said...

You are both mistaken. I was actually talking about a deer when I wrote that headline...But I then forgot to make that reference in the piece itself. See how bad my memory is? What I was going to talk about was to transition from the John Deere (which I spelled rightin the blog, mind you) to this dream I had last night about deer and a bear and Chad. But you'll now have to wait until Monday's Dream Log. That's what we call a tease...