10.11.2006

Nothing Sails Like A Monkey

PURPLE FEZ MONKEY AND THE LAST CRUSADE: DAY ONE

Purple Fez Monkey set sail last night on his epic quest to find his brother Red Fez Monkey, who's been missing for months. I'd considered him gone forever--and gave up hope. But now, the search is back on. I don't know where Purple Fez is going or what adventures he may have, but he's pledged to send me photos and reports of his journeys.

And now for something completely different...
Yesterday, I walked out of my office and for one small instant I could smell my high school cafeteria.

I don't know what produced the perfect storm of smells that did this--but it was there. My olfactory senses instantly took me back to standing in the high school cafeteria. That brief blast of stale-hot-dog, body-odor, fried-food and nacho-cheesey smell suddenly made me sick to my stomach and socially awkward all at once. Suddenly I was terribly worried about finding someone to sit with.

And then I remembered where I was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Via con dios, Mono de Fez Purpura.