10.19.2006

Things to MakeYou Go, "Hmmm."

At church this week, I was re-supplying the Welcome Center with youth group fliers when I found something that made me giggle.

On the Welcome Center counter is this big rack of brochures about overcoming addiction, struggling with eating disorders and such. No, none of this is very funny. But then I saw this one: "Raising an Tolerant Child." Again, topically: Not funny. In fact, this brochure is pretty interesting--with some good thoughts about talking to kids about why people are so different. But...

What's the deal with this cover? How old is this? Did they do it to be funny? Does being a hippy really equate tolerance? I equate hippies with Not Showering.

Anyway, I thought I'd share it. Peace.

WEDDING WEDNESDAY (on Thursday)
So last night was the Tux Fitting. My Intended and I looked at several styles of tux and picked out the one which would adorn me on the date of our nuptials.

In this shop, they display the tuxes on these headless torso-only mannequins. The torso is held up by a single pole that runs from a base on the bottom. Most of the mannequins had tux pants hanging from the bottom of the torso to both cover the pole and to show what the full tux would look like.

So, as our Tux Helper was showing us different looks, she would move the mannequins around by reaching down below the torso and grabbing the pole. When she did this with a pants-less mannequin, I thought nothing of it. But when she reach down and grabbed a mannequin right in the zipper and picked him up, I kinda felt faint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Did the brochure double as a vomit bag too?