2.02.2007

Another Top 30!

I saw my old boss (as in he used to be my boss, not that he is eldery) this week for lunch. Seeing Randy reminded me of our many lists. One of those incomplete lists was of the coolest celebrities of all time. So, I thought I'd complete it. So now, another Top 30...

My Top 30 Coolest Celebrities

The criteria is really untangible. These celebrities just have "it:" a calculated cool, a smooth sauve, a allure of attitude. They are just cool. They define cool. You'll notice that it my definition of cool, it apparently helps to be black or British. And I am taking Jesus out of the running from the get-go. We all know he's cool.

So who are my Favorite 30 Cool Celebs?

30. Bruce Lee

29. Tiger Woods

28. Bruce Willis

27. Jennifer Connelly

26. Michael Jordan

25. Angela Bassett

24. Telly Savalas

23. Eric Clapton

22. Terrance Stamp

21. Jack Nicholson

20. Robert Mitchum

19. Robert DeNiro

18. Anthony Hopkins

17. Humphrey Bogart

16. Kiefer Sutherland

15. Barry White

14. Judi Dench

13. Lee Marvin

12. Marlon Brando

11. Billy Dee Williams

10. Aretha Franklin

9. B.B. King

8. James Brown

7. Clint Eastwood

6. Sean Connery

5. James Dean

4. Denzel Washington

3. Frank Sinatra

2. Richard Roundtree

1. Samuel L. Jackson

The Honorable Mentions: Xzibit, Carl Weathers, Beck, Jermaine Dye, Ozzie Smith, Chow Yun-Fat, Derek Jeter, Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, Mike Singletary, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Ving Rhames, Jimi Hendrix, Edward Norton, Douglas MacArthur, LeBron James, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jet Li, Lauryn Hill, Bono, Tina Turner, and Harrison Ford (who is added after Marc's IM campaign for him. I left him off because though he is cool, that whole 60-year-old with an ear ring thing really tarnished him in my eyes).

Quotes of the Week

"You know, this weekend a lot of people's motto will be 'Go Bears.' Mine will be 'Go Bare.'" -Designer Doug

"That's a pathetic banner." -Marilyn about my Bears rally towel.

"Them's boots are made for dancin'!" - Marc, about a drawing of a weird smoking buccaneer turtle.

"Wow, you put your hand clear through Pablo." -My Intended talking to toddler Lydia about a favorite toy.
"An apple without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze." -Marshall at a company party.

"You're like our own Nipsey Russell." -Ed to Marshall.

Quotes Note:There were many quotes from last Sunday's get together. And, of course, I forgot them. But Marc, Emily, Charissa: Please send them in if you remember.

2 comments:

Mark Ahn said...

dude!

Bono

The Edge

Harrison Ford should get cut because of Calista Flockhart.

the todd said...

Dang, I forgot the Edge. Yah, he deserves at least an Honorable Mention with Bono.