2.01.2007

So Many Pockets

I've had the same coat for about 3 or 4 winters. This morning, I made an exciting discovery about it. I found a new pocket that I never knew was there. That brings the total to ten. Ten! In one coat.

The Newly Found Pocket is this little slip of pocket on the inside, underneath another pocket. I'm not sure yet what I will put in the Newly Found Pocket. But I like knowing it's there, because I've always had a good feeling about clothes with lots of pockets. It's not that I carry around a lot of stuff, but I know that if I had to, I could.

_____________________________________________________

In a few weeks, I will be reviewing a movie called The Number 23. In it, a man (Jim Carrey) finds a book called The Number 23. He becomes obsessed because he realizes everything in his life (the letters in his name, his address, etc.) can be connected to the number 23. The idea behind this comes from some long-standing numerology idea called the "23 Enigma." This is a belief that all incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23--given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter.

Earlier this week, a friend asked me for some headline ideas for a project she was working on. I brainstormed several and sent them off. And it cracked me up to go back later and realize that two or three of them had the number 46 in them. For some reason, that number just became my default number any time I wanted one.

And shockingly, 46 divided by 2 is 23!
_____________________________________________________

So, my Overenthusiastic Switchfoot Fan has now sent me a total of 400 contest enteries. Either she's set up an automatic web tool to submit entries or this girl is just getting no school work done.

Luckily, 400 is not evenly divided by 23. Or else that would be creepy.

No comments: