2.15.2007

Boys Are Stupid

So I was at the flower shop last night getting flowers. You know, it's Valentine's Day. And it's 4:30. So I had ordered my flowers on Saturday. I am glad I did because I get there and there's like 7 guys in line asking for arrangements on the spot. I couldn't believe they show up at the end of the day and just expect to get flowers made up quickly. But I guess that's what men do.

Anyway, my favorite guy there was this kid barely out of his teens. He was the kind of guy who always got picked first in P.E. kickball--tough and cool, but not a scholastic star. He stands there in line for at least 15 minutes--watching as people leave with roses and the florists make arrangements with roses--and when he gets to the counter he says, "Uh, do you have roses?"

I think maybe he thought roses were some exotic flower that only his lady wanted--but most stores don't carry.

The cashier, who is holding a bunch for a customer, says, "Yes."

And then the guy says, "Do you have some I can buy?"

I wanted the cashier to say, "No, but I can rent you these. Just bring them back."

But she was polite to him and he blew like $90 on a dozen roses. Whoa. This same store sells roses for $1 each any other week of the year.

To continue the boys are stupid theme, I then went to Jewel at like 11:00 last night. I lost my gloves. So, I bought a pair of gloves for 34 cents. yah: 34 CENTS. Surprisingly, they aren't so hot. Or warm. Or fit very well. So my frugality has bit me in the bum. But the good news is that I came to work today and found my gloves. Now, the 34 cent pair is unneeded after all.

Speaking of my frugality...

Cereal update
After one month, I am now on my 5th bag of cereal from that 11 bag purchase. Oh yah, I am flying through these bags. I told ya, I eat a lot of cereal--32 ounces a week it seems. There were those who doubted I could eat 352 ounces of cereal before I move out in June. Or before it goes bad. But I will. Oh yes. The cereal's going down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's some advice for your marriage: Aldi always has very decent Valentine's Day flowers at Aldi prices. Get some good requisite flowers, save some bucks, and get some thing nice she's not expecting. --Ted

the todd said...

Chaddaddy, I can barely type because I am laughing so hard. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

O chad! You would!!!
so i had a dream about you last night. That you and Michelle got married and dressed up like Mary and Jesus you even had a really long gross looking wig on! hehe Love ya!