2.23.2007

Welcome, Old Friend

Well, let the mocking begin. I've brought R2-D2 into the office. I think he looks cool in here. And that makes two robots in our department. Let's see Resources beat that!

Anyway, three comments on R2 already:

"Throw some clothes on the floor, and it's a 12-year-old's closet." -
Designer Doug

"Boy, it's every high school boy's dream come true." -Marilyn

"Oh, it's a soda cooler? I thought it was a urinal." - Designer Doug

Well, at least the condo is quickly clearing out. The Intended and I have taken three peices of furniture to her house and several tubs and boxes to Jeff's basement. I've thrown away over 10 bags of garbage. And now R2 is in his new home. So, just about everything that had to be out of the condo before showing it is out. I've now begun a lot of the wall work--just sanding, caulking, and filling cracks and nail-holes. Painting will begin soon.

My Intended walked in a few nights ago and said the place looks a lot different already. It does. It seems a lot bigger. And more bare. It's not me anymore...but it looks nice. When I get the painting done, I will be proud to show it. It should look good.

As I've been doing work around the house these two weeks, my talking to myself has increased. I'm not sure why that is. I guess there's more to say when you are working than just sitting around. I've noticed trends in how I talk to myself. A friend of mine recently told me that she discovered that whenever talking to herself she somehow adopts an accent. I don't talk any differently, but I do talk in the plural. And my favorite phrase that I always say aloud to myself has always been, "Okay, now we have to..."

However, as I've been moving and packing, I've discovered a new favorite talking-to-myself line. Last night I found myself picking up a piece of furniture and saying to it, "Well, old friend..." I realized that I've been calling a lot of my possessions "old friend" recently.

That's kinda weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you painting? Do you need any help? I have lots of experience painting bathrooms...