2.08.2007

Everything Smells Like Balloons

OK, so my friends need hobbies. Seriously.

They pranked me again. My office was stuffed with balloons floor to ceiling this morning. This turning 30 thing stinks. When I turn 40, I am moving.

Pictures will come later. The good thing about all this is that I've become a Master Balloon Popper. I swung my scissors like a machete. One poor lady came into the office and thought someone had a machine gun. The best part though was having the company's CEO help me pop balloons. What a company! We had the office cleaned out in 15 minutes this morning! But I've left a bunch of balloons that are magically floating on the ceiling. It's like a rave in here.

My favorite part of this morning was when one of The Pranksters had to return to the scene of the crime because she left her cell phone here. Haha. Almost as good was one Prankster referring to the air compressor they used as "The Inflato Machine."

Well done, gang. I know they invested a lot of time and money into this--and bloodied fingers. So I appreciate it. Besides, I deserve it for all I've done to them.

_____________________________________


I think 30 is the legal age to begin doing the "I remember when" game. You know, when you take stock of the world changes you've witnessed. 30 years isn't long. I mean, my grandmother (hey, grandma!) has seen so much change in her life--she's gone from the Depression to reading her grandson's silly blog on the internet. I can't compete.

But even just in 30 years, I too have seen our world change. I decided to make a list this week. There were lots of technological changes (i.e. Beta to DVD). But fittingly, almost everything else I came up with this week was sports.

You know, I remember The Houston Oilers.

I remember the first years of the Florida Marlins and the Colorado Rockies.

I remember going to a Chicago Sting game.

I remember when the Boston Celtics were a respectable franchise.

And I remember when people cared about the Chicago Blackhawks. Well, sort of. Not really.

Quote of the Week
"I forgot we were brother and sister." -My sister.

2 comments:

derfman said...

I haven't forgotten she is your sister.

the todd said...

You are banned from the site, dude. :)