5.18.2007

So Many Options!

Friday mornings have a whole new dimension now. There's more decision making.

Since the company has re-instituted Casual Fridays, it is nice just getting up and throwing on jeans. But now I can wear T-shirts. And I have so many shirts I want to unleash on my co-workers. Clowns eat people? Meat is Neat? Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood? Mayor of Awesomeville?

Oh, the burdens I carry. How can one man saddle all this stress?

Today I decided that I really couldn't pass up wearing a Sox shirt since it's Cubs vs. Sox weekend. I have to represent. There will be plenty of time for all my T-shirts this summer. Unless I get fired, I guess.

I've also been considering making a new shirt. The company is re-organizing into Media Groups or Franchises. Basically, like magazines are clumped together with their own support teams of marketing, internet, etc. It's a great idea, but I want to make a shirt that says, "I'm my own media group" or "I AM the franchise."

But, that would just be one more option to cloud up my Friday mornings.

Weekend Forecast:
Tomorrow is going to be a big day of errands and wedding stuff. I need to talk to the baker about my giant cookies. I need to go test the sound at the reception hall. But after all that work is done, Sunday is play time. I'm going to a Family Force 5 show. Whoo.

5 comments:

the dreamer said...

dude. I actually put on a Sox t-shirt this morning, which would be acceptable most days at (my) work. (Except for the minor detail that my boss is a Twins fan.)

Anyway, I changed because the shirt just wasn't working with the outfit (I know, lame), I was running late, and I thought I should look a *little* nicer cuz yesterday I literally rolled out of bed and came to work.

Why? Cuz I got to bed at 3 am. Cuz I was at the rain-delayed Sox-Yankees game.

Sheryl said...

Hi Todd. Marc's sister Sheryl here.
Have you ever looked at the funny t-shirts on cafepress.com?
Some funny ones there :) Just thought I'd share. I enjoyed reading the funny shirts! :)

Anonymous said...

Family Force 5!?! What? I heard their shows are awesome!

derfman said...

Don't you and Jill work at the same place? Or am I out of it?

the todd said...

Jill quit. She's now an astronaut.