3.27.2007

I Love My Job

Last week, our magazine had a staff retreat to choose articles we will use next year. My boss Chris always brings toys and candy for us during this day-long meeting. Tough job I have, I know. Well, he bought these new Tic-Tacs called "Tic-Tac BOLD! Fruit."

I like Tic-Tacs, so I tried one. I wasn't very happy about it.

There's several waves of taste in this Tic-Tac:

Wave 1: "Oh, Tic Tac flavor."

Wave 2: "Fruity. Kinda Fruit Punch."

Wave 3: "Here comes the BOLD! Sour."

Wave 4: "Rotten bold fruit."

Wave 4: "Butt."

Seriously, the final wave and resulting aftertaste were horrible. Nasty. It's biting and pungent.

And so yesterday, I walk into Chris' office and he's eating some Tic-Tac BOLD! He offers me some.

"No thanks," I said. "I thought they were kinda gross."

Chris eats another. And then replies, "Yah, they are horrible."

Me: "But why do you keep eating them?"

Chris: "I don't know."

Me: "If you don't like them..."

Chris: "You know what they taste like? Kitty Litter."

Me: "I've never eaten Kitty Litter."

Chris: "They taste like how Kitty Litter smells."

Me: "Huh."

Chris: "Try it."

I did. And the man is right. The 5th Wave is exactly the flavor of Kitty Litter Smell.

Chris: "It's fascinating. I keep eating them because I think that the next one will taste better. But they never do."
______________

Oddly, this wasn't the strangest interaction that occurred on our staff yesterday.

Designer Doug stopped by my office. As he was talking, he winced. And placed his hand on his stomach. I asked him if he was OK. He said he was but was feeling "Irritable."

And then, about 1.5 seconds later, I had a sharp pain in the side of my stomach. I winced and placed my hand on my stomach.

Doug said, "Are you OK? It's contagious!"

I think it may have been sympathy pains.

No comments: