3.16.2007

Where Are You, Juice? Where Are You?

I am not prone to easily panic, but I want to let everyone know that there's a troubling situation brewing that could build into an outright catastrophe.

Aldi may be no longer carrying THE BEST JUICE IN THE WORLD.

A couple years ago, I discovered a frozen concentrate juice at Aldi called "Pineapple-Orange-Apple." I gave it a try because I like juice. In fact, I love juice. And to me, the best juices are those that combine fruits. I mean, God gave every fruit it's own juice and they are lovely in their own gifts. I love apple juice. And grape juice. But when fruit juices truly shine--like the body of the church--is when they combine their gifts. When cranberry or apple or lime or orange lend their talents to other fruits, that's when we see special, magical things happen in juice.

And the culmination of this was Aldi's Pineapple-Orange-Juice. It was less of a juice and more of a taste explosion. An event.

And last night, Aldi didn't have any of it. Totally gone. Now, I do maintain hope that they were just sold out. Could be. But Aldi does have a habit of cycling product in and out. It could be gone forever. We can only hope
that THE BEST JUICE IN THE WORLD is still out there.

If not, my mouth will be in mourning for a long, long time.

No comments: