3.22.2007

The PTOIT Poster Awards Continued!

Funniest Random Comment
"Oh, I like the Belgians! They make good Waffles!" by The Intended (then known as The LadyFriend.)

The Charles Barkley Award
The Winner is The Gat for this gem: "We used to tackle people in mascot costumes in malls. we found out that most people who put on those costumes are college kids or old retired guys. I am not a role model."

The Most Literal Commenter Award
When I wrote, "While I'm wearing my Reviewing Shoes, I thought I'd point out a few things," DoubleM responded with, "You have a pair of shoes you wear just when going to review a movie? Man, you journalists are weird."

Best Logic Award
When I discussed some people's problem with keeping cookies in a drawer next to office supplies, The Gat made this astute call: "By LT's reasoning, shouldn't the cookie inherit the flavor of the material it is wrapped in? So, what about tin foil? Or plastic wrap? The only way to get around this is to wrap the cookies in... cookies. You should line the inside of the Cookie Drawer with cookies. I am wrapping things in bacon as we speak. Mmmm."

Best Use of Bacon in a Comment
See above.

Most Inappropriate Comment Award...
Goes to the Derfman. You know why.

Best Witty Retort to Another Commenter Award
This was easily won by the Dreamer who saw one of the Derfman's inappropriate comments about my sister and reponded with, "I'm thinking 'the derfman watch' has taken on a whole new meaning."

Best Witty Retort to The Todd Award
Sweeping the "Best Witty Retort" category is The Dreamer. When I discussed the difficulties of drafting fantasy football players, The Dreamer repeated my line of "If there's studs on the table I am going to go with them" and added dryly, "Me too, Todd. Me too."

The "Doug No Talking" Award
This award can only be given to one man. And he earned it. When I innocently asked what I should do with my giant R2 pepsi cooler after I'm married, Doug suggested this: "Only because everybody is expecting me to say it . . . . Todd you could "pop" out of R2 on your first night together."

The Most Sweet and Innocent Award
In stark contrast, Lil Sis responded to a blog about Missy Elliot by saying, "Hmm, this is a lot of booty talk for my lil' ears."

The Most Serious-Sounding Argument About Why Monkeys Are Neat
When I proposed that monkeys were cool because they wear people clothes, fight stuff and hit things with sticks, The Intended made an argument to the contrary. "I'd argue monkeys are at their BEST when they show their humane sides...research has proven that time and time again! Look at Jane Goodall, Koko the Gorilla, etc. Entertaining as they can be when they fight dinosaurs they are BEST when they are tender and nuturing and remind us of our more humane, loving instincts...not our savage ones!"

The Social Watchdog Award
HopefulSW did a great community service by warning us all of a dangerous conspiracy: "McDonalds has always been into kid trickery. The majority of people I know are afraid of clowns. I think Ronald McDonald was a massive campaign to trick people into liking a clown."

And now...

My Favorite Comment Post of the Year
Coming from Chadaddy, this comment post about marriage still makes me laugh aloud every time I read it. Enjoy:

"Here is a little 'What I learned in the first year of marriage' advice from someone who had to learn the hard way:

1) Never forget your first anniversary.
2) Flowers are still required even after you are married.
3) Never ask her on January 13th, when her birthday is because you think it is coming up (oh, yeah it was the 12th of January).
4) It is not called "Baby Sitting" when it is your child.
5) Never say "Just pick out your own present for your birthday dear," it will cost you much more.

Wow... Reading thru this list I am amazed I am still married. Honey if you are reading this, I love you."

And with that, here's to another year of fun reader interaction!

No comments: