3.13.2007

Kiss My Blarney Stone

For weeks I've heard radio commercials declaring, "Shamrock Shakes are back!" And so the familiar urges returned from my past addiction to Shamrock Shakes. I kept waiting until the perfect time to have my first one of the season....

And I decided Sunday afternoon was the time. It was warm out. I was going to youth group. It was time to Shamrock.

So, I stopped at this real fancy-dancy McDonald's near my church. And when I say "fancy-dancy," I ain't kidding. It's Hinsdale after all. This place has nice woodwork, paintings and looks like an old two-story brick house from the outside.

But you know what happened?

They had NO SHAMROCK SHAKES! How can this be? They have 7-foot murals of countrysides but not a cup of green shakiness? This McDonald's has it's priorities all mixed up.

When I asked for one, the kid said, "We don't have those." I said, "You don't have Shamrock Shakes?" He answered, "No. We don't have the mix yet."

"But St. Patrick's Day is next week."

"I know. But we don't carry it."

I was dismayed. And shakeless.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Everyone knows Hinsdale is too good for Shamrock Shakes.

Unknown said...

Doesn't the Hinsdale McDonalds serve wine and expensive scotch?

HopefulLeigh said...

Some McDonalds are stupid. Luckily the one by AMC Cantera is not- I happily enjoyed a Shamrock Shake this afternoon (not to rub it in).

the todd said...

Darn you, hopefullsw! You and your shamrock showboating...