3.22.2007

The PTOIT Poster Awards!

Well, today actually marks one year since I started Putting the Odd in Todd (or PTOIT). We've seen a lot happen in a year. I conquered an addiction to Chai Tea, my Red Fez Monkey disappeared and then returned, I got engaged and I've killed off about 4 regular features like Fun with Google.

To celebrate, I thought I'd post some of my favorite entries from the comment boards. Not everyone looks at them, and there's been some fun stuff. So, I give out the First Annual PTOIT POSTER AWARDS.

The Champion of the Free Press Award
In reaction to my UPS blog, DoubleM wrote, "Look at that - you can't even last 2 weeks and you're already trying to sell out. Long live the independent press...er blogs!"

The Glass-Is-Half-Full Award
In reaction to my entry about holing up in the nearby IKEA after the eventual apocalypse, The Gat wrote, "That IKEA is only 30 min away. sweet. you could come sleep over."

The Realism Award
In reaction to the IKEA blog, "Steve" wrote, "The key to survive a post-Apocalyptic future is to have 'real' skills like farming or carpentry. Wordsmiths, lawyers, economists, directors of research at executive recruiting firms, and radio news broadcasters need not apply.The other useful thing to have is a gun, not a spoon."

The Glass-Is-Half-Full Award II
When I worried that robots would soon take over, The Derfman wrote, "I, for one, welcome our new Robot overlords. Did I say 'overlords'? I meant 'protectors.'"

The Mr. Rogers Award
This one goes to "Steve" for helping us realize an important life lesson. "Moral to the missing monkey story: Cherish every moment you have with your monkey. You never know when it will be gone."

The Full Disclosure Award
When I wrote about my history of illness, RJCraig stole this award with a brilliant entry:

"Having once employed the author of this blog, I can confirm that the man's hypochondria is long-standing. The following is a list of ailments he complained about in 1999.
* Nausea and dizziness (3/7 approx 2:30)
* Hurt toe - Run over by chair, weird bump (3/23 2:49 p.m.)
*Headache, ankles ache (3/27 1:51 p.m.)
* “My eyeballs itch.”...later spreads to entire body (3/29 3:05 p.m.)
* Suddenly lost hearing in right ear (4/5 11:46 a.m.)
* Nose bleed (4/7 2:10 p.m.)
* A general malaise, “mushy” head (4/10)
* Face feels red, warm (5/16 3:54 p.m.)
* Chest pains...but only in heart (5/30 12:41 p.m.)
* Intense ringing in ears...deafness except for buzzing (6/27 10:30 a.m.)
* Right eye socket hurts upon blinking: “...a shooting kind of numb pain.”
* Sudden, crippling pain in kneecap (8/9 afternoon)
* Same as 5/30 but on other side (9/7 10:49 a.m.)
* Seems like left temple is generating “a lot of heat.” (11/1 11:10 a.m.)
* A sharp poking right in the kneecap. (11/14 4 p.m.)
* Bad shock and pain in one tooth from a piece of cheese (11/29 11:49 a.m.) The cheese “chilled my tooth to a painful point...To the point where there was a shock.” Cheese may have created "electricity."
* Throbbing pain in kneecap (12/4 2 p.m.)
* Hip just went out (3/8 2:35 p.m.)
* Legs very weak; gets exhausted just thinking about standing (4/20 10:02 a.m.)

You know, I am enjoying these awards so much that I will continue them tomorrow...when I will award several more including My Favorite Comment Post of the Year.

No comments: