3.01.2007

My Disaster Reaction Plan

Since I last posted, my life has been defined by what I like to call Hair Crisis 2007. My hair is out of control and I can't do much with it. I've tried different things and this long hair thing is just not happening. The biggest problem is that darned Hair Putty I bought.

There are two problems with The Hair Putty:

1) It's not doing for my hair what I need it to. I bought it because my Crystal Wax ran out. And once I had it, I decided to do a more messy look. This Hair Putty is not made for the messy look. My hair just ended up being floofy. It also made my hair clumpy. Clumpy and floofy together is just weird.

2) I'm apparently allergic to The Hair Putty. It's made me all red, itchy and splotchy. I'm telling ya: Somebody tampered with it. It was poisoned with some sort of Splotchy Sauce.

So, not one to just suffer in silence, I am taking action to end Hair Crisis 2007. My Disaster Relief Plan has two prongs:

1) Get new product. This phase is completed. I bought something called "Out of Bed" last night. This product seems to be more along the lines of what I need--designed to make your hair "peicey and messy." And no one's fingerprint was in it.

2) Get styled. This is a major step for me. But desperate times mean desperate actions. Normally, I would just get out my clippers and go back to my default short, spiky hair. But I believe in the Todd Long Messy Hair Dream. So, I will lay aside my allegiance to self-haircuts and go to a stylist. I need some shaping. Some layering, perhaps.

With these two action steps, I believe, a new better haircut will rise out of the ashes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how the new haircut is akin to the phoenix rising "out of the ashes!" Must be the "red" coming out in your hair! Cause we all know you're really a red head...sure...riiiiight... ;)