3.07.2007

Let Them Eat Cake! (And I'll have my cookie.)

WEDDING WEDNESDAY
After months of discussion, negotiations with bakeries and assorted trials, it looks like we will be having a cookie cake after all--in addition to a regular cake.

It didn't look good there for awhile because apparently my vision for a wedding cookie--looking like a wedding cake with layers of big cookies separated by cake pillars--is impossible. So, we decided to change our plan and have an actual, traditional wedding cake. That's great, but I still wanted cookies. I was intent on finding a way.

And it looks like it may just happen! A friend has discovered a neat free standing cake stand in storage at her family's bakery that will support three teirs of big cookie. Whoo! So, everyone at the reception can have their cake and eat it too... while I partake in my cookie.

In other reception news...

I'm not saying, I am just saying.

UPDATE: Marc dreamt of my wedding last night. And it's weird. Check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUK!!! Nacho fountains sound gross...must be a boy thing...

the todd said...

Hmmm, you will find that I want to eat everything out of a fountain. Just wait until I install the Gravy Fountain in our kitchen. It will be next to the Sour Cream Geyser.

Anonymous said...

hee hee...as long as the Chocolate fountain is in the premier location...I'd say your kitchen designs are orginal, but I think Roald Dahl has you beat with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...