3.31.2007

The World in My Head


I've often wondered what a purely Todd World would look like. You know, the fantasy world that is in my head. My office gives us hint. As does PTOIT and my pre-cleaned condo. But last week, The Intended found perhaps the closest glimpse we will ever get to a world that is purely and wonderfully Todd.

At our new favorite Used Bookstore, she found a kids' book about a wacky kid named Todd who lives in a bizarre and fun world. Save for the startling absence of monkeys and robots, it's much like the world inside my head. It's called Welcome to Todd World.

Todd is the blue little guy above with spikey hair and mismatched shoes (both are attributes that he usually shares with me. However, my hair is not currently spikey. And I've never been blue. In color. )

There's no plot to the book (like my world) and it's full of colorful and bizarre friends (also like my life). There's "friendly aliens and plants [that] eat ice cream." Both also exist in my imaginary world--but in mine, the plants also eat raw meat--and communists.

Because it's a sticker book, I've added items here and there on some of the pages--like the pizza on a stick below. (Of course my Todd World would feature all food being eaten on a stick!)

And now, my favorite part of the book. Todd's fascination with underwear...


The pages' instructions tell you to put the stickers of underwear on Todd and his dogs' head. So I did.


In a surprisingly true way, the sweet but bizarre attitude of Todd World is much like my life. (Except I don't have a Giant Milkshaker to ride in.) And the most striking thing is perhaps that the book's closing page is a perfect epilogue for PTOIT readers:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that there's aliens and an underwear museum! This author must know you!