9.05.2006

A Blast From the Past, Part II

Today's blast from the past is a little non-fiction essay I like to call, "I Feed the Dog." I am not sure how old I was during the writing of this peice but we're guessing 2nd or 3rd grade. It is from the "Fox and Rabbit Take a Walk" era.

I've kept all the original capitalization and spelling:

I feed the Dog
I feed my dog.
I do it in her pin.
I do it Tusday, thusday and Saturday.
My brother dos it the ohoer day's.
I do it Becuse I don't what my dog to Die.


I think the best part of this finding (besides my reasoning for feeding the dog) is the illustration with it. I loved to draw. In another school project we found, I wrote that I was going to grow up to be an artist. And you know, I wasn't bad. But I think my talent plateaued because this picture of a dog is better than I could do now at 29.

My dad takes issue with "I Feed the Dog." He claims it is not actually non-fiction, because he doesn't recall anyone but him ever feeding the dog.

3 comments:

the todd said...

I wirte articles. I do it on moNday, wendseday and Thusrday. I do it Becuse i want to eat.

Anonymous said...

Its a good think you're marrying an English teacher who can teach you a thing or two about writing!

Anonymous said...

Chadddaddy: Reeding, Righting, and Rthimetick are my especialties! :)