9.12.2006

The Reviews Are In!

Here's what is being said about me:

"My chosen profession is made worthwhile when I meet people like you, who actually listen to what I say and show such improvement."

"This is just outstanding. Fabulous. I am stunned. I just can't believe it. You deserve a pat on the back!"

What's everyone raving about? My dental care! My dental hygienist and dentist--perhaps the most encouraging, affirming people on Earth--were over-the-top complimentary and celebratory at my sixth month cleaning yesterday. They talked so much about how great I did at brushing and flossing, I thought I'd leave with a trophey. Or at least a gold star sticker. But nada.

Still, the comments on my good "home care" are huge. As longtime readers know, I haven't been the "best" at oral health. I didn't go to the dentist for 7 years. When I went early this year, it was a bad bad scene. But no longer! I am now the model of dental hygiene. My dentist said so.

I am sad to report that I have one tiny cavity. But my dental team says the cavity is from the damge done in the 7 years of negect--not the last 6 months of stellar home care. So I will return next week to fill that cavity in and make it 5 dental visits in one year.

PTOIT Special Feature: Fun with Google

This weekly feature again finds us searching Google with two random search words to see what comes up.

Today's Search Terms: "Car" and "Toilet"

The Results:

Photo #1: Look, it's gas-powered. haha.

Photo #2: This is apparentely a two-seater in a mine somewhere. Can you imagine two burly miners needing to both sit down and use the pot? "Hey, pass the TP would ya?" And what's that huge crank for?

Photo #3: I thought this was a prank photo at first. But it's apparently an actual product you can get for camping. I'm not sure really how it works. But if you are going to use it, I recommend seizing the car keys.

Photo #4: There's nothing that can be said to add to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...if you were as awesome as you say...where's the toy/trophy from the dentist treasure chest for your reward? :) Ah...virtue must be its own reward! And you are quite virtuous!

Anonymous said...

"You're a model of dental hygiene" for a guy with 3 remaining teeth.

Yowsers!

Anonymous said...

How funny!