9.19.2006

It's Finally Here!


All Hands Hoay! Avast ye, mateys, it's finally Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrgh! Shiver me timbers, I never thought the blimey day would come when we'd go on account as pirates. So swab the deck and hoist the main sail, ya Powder Monkey.

PTOIT editor's note: I am so happy that International Talk Like a Pirate Day falls on the day of our quarterly luncheon. I am sure our VPs will throw out some "Arrghs." Update: No one talked like a pirate...

PTOIT Special Feature: Fun with Google

In honor of this most blessed of holidays, we will search Google Images for a Pirate's favorite words!

Search Terms: "Arrgh" and "Matey"

The results:


Photo #1: While at first this appears to have nothing to do with pirates, I've decided that real-life modern-day pirates would indeed drink PBR. They'd definitely get a Hogshead full of this Grog.



Photo #2: Again, no pirates. But I guess he is walking the plank. Or Uni-biking the plank.



Photo #3: No Pirates! And no self-respecting pirate would be seen in this hat.

Photo #4: Finally, pirates. Arrgh.

3 comments:

rjcraig said...

I'm not sure why, but my best friend Dean cracks me up every time he tells the world's stupidest joke. The joke is this: What are a pirate's favorite socks? Arrrgyle. You're laughing now, aren't you? Admit it. C'mon. I can't be the only one laughing.

I am, aren't I?

the todd said...

I am laughing. But I find all pirate jokes funny.

derfman said...

http://video.nbc.com/v/?linkId=27154

Arrrrgggghhh!