9.25.2006

Giants Need To Go, Too

On Friday, I saw Fearless. Seeing marital arts movies like this always make me want to kick people on my way out of the theatre. After seeing The Matrix, for instance, Jeff and I did whole routines of slo-mo fighting and running up on walls. And after this, I wanted to compete in to-the-death Wushu battles. Another reason for wanting to kick people on my way out of the auditorium was that I had to use the restroom.

I made it to the restroom before the rush, but only one urinal was open. Regular PTOIT readers will remember another time this happened and I choose to use the low-set kiddie urinal. Well this time, it was the opposite, the urinal was set very high on the wall. I realized (while trying to look around too much) that this restroom had three urinal heights: one kiddie, one normal size and one about 3 inches higher than that. I'm not kidding. I am 5’ 10" and my waist was under the bottom of the urinal. Who is this for?

When I got out of the bathroom I discovered that while I was enjoying my film, the world was being destroyed. Well almost. A major storm passed through and I guess there were funnel clouds above the theatre. But I was more concerned about all the kicking.

PTOIT DREAM LOG
(Dated: September 9, 2006)
I was at some school or institution of some kind. I walk out back and there's this stream. A janitor leads me to this busted up, half-sunken wooden row boat in the stream. We get in and it floats. I can't believe how well it works despite being all broken.

When we reach shore, we are in a lush beautiful land of tall grass, forest and brilliant, giant waterfalls. It's kind of like Jurassic Park. The janitor is now my friend Josh. We get out of the boat. I say, "Where are we?" He says, "We're just outside of Nashville."

There are all kinds of animals running here and there. It's untainted and wild nature. But yet, it also like a very busy and popular park. Humans are all over the place--hiking, playing frisbee, etc. At one point, a rhino charges out of the woods and nearly hits a jogger running by. But the runner doesn't seem startled. He just keeps going. And then stops to get a drink at a fountain.

Josh leads me to where I will be staying, a tiny but nice little cabin. Next to it is a huge pavillion. The pavillion has bathrooms in the rear and the lines for them are long. Josh says he needs to go and disappears into the crowd. I walk around the front of the building. There, I see this massive statue enclosed in glass. The bottom is this cluster of bronze hands reaching upward. Above them about 20 feet above are these golden faces wrapped around a globe and looking down. I hear someone mention that this monument is meant to represent a verse from Revelation.

No comments: