9.13.2006

Step Aside, Tyra

I am very happy to announce that, finally, my career as a model is taking off. I know, we've all been waiting. Well, a while back, the editor of one of our sister publications, Today's Christian, asked me to stand in for a photo shoot and I did.

It turns out the shoot was the day I got into the car accident. I was late and a bit shaken, but I don't think it hurt my work at all. You do get a little feel of frustration and weariness from my expressions and pose. But I was mainly going for confused and aloof. I think you'll agree that I pulled it off.

Without further ado, here's my modeling debut in the Today's Christian Sept/Oct issue:



PTOIT Special Feature: Wedding Wednesday!

I'm kicking off something new today to give reader's a peek into the planning of a wedding--from the groom's perspective. In Wedding Wednesday today, I begin what I assume will be a long glossary of new words I am learning.

Ramekin -- I thought this word was either: 1) A baby goat, 2) a scaley villain from He-Man or 3) A mythical Lord of the Rings character smaller and more delicate than a Hobbit. It's actually some sort of fancy bowl that we're registering for.

Petit four -- Seeing it spelled out isn't as scandalous, but when I first heard The Intended say she wanted to have "Peddifores" at our wedding, I was nervous. I mean, people who cruelly mistreat children have no place at our nuptials. Then she explained she meant this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see we're both getting our modeling careers going.... (;

derfman said...

So your sister's also a model?