9.26.2006

So Many Emotions

Last night I became an uncle for the first time. Landon William is 8 lbs, 10 ounces and 21 inches long. I am so excited to go see him tonight. I am so happy. And so proud of Chad and Michelle. There were some tough moments in the delivery and so I know God really provided. Landon is with us because of God's strength.

While I am on a high for Landon's birth, I am also sad. Landon was born on the same day the White Sox were officially eliminated from playoff contention. I am wearing black today in mourning. It's a sad day...but not unexpected. Did you realize that the White Sox have a worse second half record than the Cubs? Yah. And the Twins are 68-30 since June 5. Ridiculous. I have more White Sox thoughts to share as the season peters out over the next week...

4 comments:

HopefulLeigh said...

I was at the last home game on Sunday, 5 home runs including one grand slam. It was glorious! Plus, they had this nice Thank You Sox fans video montage that made Brooke and me a little emotional. You can't help but leave a game like that thinking that the play offs are still in reach. My hope just didn't want to die! And then yesterday happened. It was painful. RIP hope. See you next year.
(Congrats on your newest family member!)

derfman said...

Tell me about it. Hopefully they will play "loose yet intense" next year. Hopefully some fresh faces will help. Man, it also sucks because I can't even expect much from my NU football team this year either, as it is truly a rebuilding year. Well, at least the Bears are okay.

It's only a few months until February... and hey, at least they're still not the Cubs!

Mark Ahn said...

How was Fearless?

the todd said...

Fearless is good: http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/reviews/2006/jetlisfearless.html